What Is Major Depression and How Is It Treated?
- Medications can be effective in managing symptoms of depression
- Some medications can be used in the short-term as the person learns new coping skills and gradually stops using medications
- Other people benefit from the long-term use of psychiatric medications, due to chemical disruptions of the brain’s “feel-good” chemicals
- Often referred to as “talk-therapy,” many counselors or therapists are trained in various modalities to meet your needs
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) are two examples of evidence-based practices available at Iris Wellness Group.
- “Dual-Diagnosis Treatment” refers to treating both depression and addiction (substance or process) simultaneously
At Iris Wellness Group, we know that treating both addiction and underlying mental health issues together is the best pathway for a successful recovery