Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment
Benzodiazepine addiction treatment might be tough. Benzos are a class of prescription sedatives that are often referred to as "benzos." They're used to treat anxiety, panic disorders, sleeplessness, and seizures. Unfortunately, benzos are highly addictive, which is why many patients acquire a sedative/hypnotic use.
The National Association of Addiction Professionals has these indicators to look for when determining whether someone has a sedative use disorder:
- To experience the benefit, the person must make use of progressively larger quantities of the drug.
- The person's time is spent largely finding, using, and recovering from the drug.
- The person takes the sedative for a longer period of time than was intended.
- The person has cravings and withdrawals when not using it
- The sedative interferes with a person's responsibilities in everyday life.